Most folks know how to browse and post on a web forum, but every site has a little bit different personality, so this guide is designed to help you familiarize yourself with the forums, and get to the content you want, fast!
Types of Forums
There are two main kinds of forums on mysewingcircle, those that are main forums for the website, and those that are associated with circles.
Main Forums are available from the “forum” link at the top of every page. That link takes you to a list of forums. Clicking on a forum title will take you to a list of topics within that forum.
Forums for circles are available through the “circles” link at the top of every page. That link will take you to a list of circles you belong to. You can read and post in any circle, not just the ones you belong to. Click on a circle to be taken to that circle’s main page, which will have a list of discussion threads to the right.
Both kinds of forums work the same way. Here are a few quick tricks:
- Threads are organized with the most recently active threads at the top of the forum.
- Posts are organized with the first post on the first page, and each following post after it in order from the time it was posted.
- Clicking on a thread will take you to the last (most recent) page of posts
- From within a thread, clicking on the “Topics” link on the left side of the page, above the first post on the page will take you to a page with a list of all threads in that forum.
- Clicking “reply” below a post will allow you to compose a reply that is a direct response to that post.
- At the bottom of the page is a “reply” link with a conversation bubble and a green +. Use that link to compose a message for the thread that is not directed at a specific post.
- When there is a reply to a post, there will be a link below it that says “_ replies….” Clicking on that link will show all the replies to that post.
Composing a New Thread
Composing a Reply